Saturday 11 April 2015

Lola Pug visits the seaside

It's been exactly three weeks since Lola joined the family. It's a strange feeling. It feels like Lola has been with us forever. I couldn't imagine life without her now and nor do I want to. But at the same time, the weeks have just flown by. Time flies when you're having fun.

Easter Kisses whether you like it or not
Easter weekend was the perfect opportunity for a family get together and I had my first meeting with my baby nephew who is only a few weeks old. As I sat in the garden, hearing all about the sleepless nights, smelly poos and feeding routines I found myself nodding along. I could totally identify with everything being said. I think at one point I even said I know that feeling. I'm such an idiot. How could I compare looking after a newborn baby to looking after a puppy? ........ Looking after a puppy is much harder! *ducks for cover*

After watching Lola spend the first part of the afternoon driving all of the other dogs crazy and revealing her Diva side during the Easter photo shoot, the men, boys, manchildren decided a Go Karting session on the sea front would finish the day off nicely.

We had 30 minutes to bundle 3 of the dogs, 1 baby, a 12 year old and 4 adults into the car and get going. Less if you factor in the time it would take me and mum to finish our cake. Even less if you factor in the time it takes to eat cake whilst holding the plate above my head the whole time because Lola (who after sharing her eye gunk was a bit miffed that I wasn't willing to share cake in return) was on my knee to give the other dogs a chance to wander around the garden unharrassed. I never did finish my cake but we did all manage to get in the car within the alloted time.

With everyone booked in and fighting talk in full swing, Mum and I made our escape. Go Karting? No thanks! Coffee by the sea? That's more like it! So with 3 dogs, a sleeping baby and the cafe in sight we started walking.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Awww how cute!                How old is she? 

            Is it a boy or a girl?                       
                                                 Awwwwww

 Oh look, a pug puppy! 

                                Can I stroke your dog?            

       I used to have a pug.



The cafe was in sight but we didn't seem to be getting very far!

Lola was loving the fuss and attention and to begin with so was I. It's a nice feeling to have a dog who is admired by so many people but if we could just make it to that cafe ......

At last, with drinks bought, the dogs munching biscuits under the table and lovely view of the tide coming in we were able to relax. Did I say relax? I meant feed the baby. He must have opened his eyes, saw us with a drink and thought Hang on a minute, Where's mine? With a face that cute we could hardly refuse.

While Mum is feeding the baby I take control of all three dogs. The biscuits are long gone. Luckily there is only one dog causing mayhem and for once it's not Lola. It's Fifi the chihuahua cross. She's barking at every dog that passes by. I try to block her view with my leg but I'm failing miserably. She's on high alert. The trouble is, as people are passing by they naturally look in our direction to see where the noise is coming from. They see the Chihuahua on my lap and the Pug sat by my feet (who would you believe, is being as good as gold) and they just stop and stand there, looking. I'm not used to this. I didn't realise so many people liked Pug puppies.

Not that I mind. I'm happy for people to admire Lola but I had my hands full. And so did Mum. After feeding the baby we realised his dummy was missing. Mum is searching the pram - for the second time, praying she finds it before the baby notices. I'm trying to untangle the three leads first from the chair leg and then from each other, so I'm of no help to her whatsoever, all the while Fifi is yapping and random people are stopping to watch. By this point I'm not sure if they're still looking at Lola or if they think they've stumbled upon a really crap circus act. The dummy was in the pram the whole time by the way, in plain sight, exactly where we left it.

With the baby fed and content we leave our half full cups on the table and head back to meet to the others. They emerge from the Go Kart venue looking a little green ..... Ha! It's always a good idea to let your dinner settle before racing round a circuit for half an hour at ridiculous speeds.

Lola's first Easter with us was an eventful one. I'm not sure who was more tired by the end of Easter Sunday, me or Lola. I was going to say me but I did manage to stay awake long enough to capture this little gem so I think that's a triumphant one nil to me.

Zonked







No comments:

Post a Comment